Thursday, May 12, 2016

Paris and the d'Orsay

The art trip of a lifetime. 
  One of my bucket  list items has been a dream to go to Paris with my sister, Barbara.  She is a true artist, but had never been, and an opportunity came to go with Adeline Goldminc-Tronzo, who teaches art in New Hampshire, and takes a group of maximum eight on a five-day very intense museums visit. 
  I am going to do a series of blogs on the trip, and hope you can tell how thoroughly I enjoyed every one. 

Arriving at the Musee d'Orsay.  That's Sally Patton in the brown coat, and her husband Neal (blue shirt, Khaki pants).

The Eagle Hunters
(I am ashamed to say, I was suffering fiercely from jet lag, and didn't
write down the artists' names.  My apologies)

The Ball Room

A view out the window to a distant Sacre Coeur

Because I had been to the d'Orsay twice before, this time I concentrated on the decorative arts.





The d'Orsay restaurant



By far the favorite museum of most Americans

These are by Odilon Redon, a favorite artist of mine


by Redon



This is Sarah Bernhardt






A look across to the Louvre.

1 comment:

  1. What great photos, Doug! Well done!

    It was a wonderful week - due in no small measure to your good company - and I look forward to seeing more of your images in future posts.

    And I have to say, I've never been blogged before; it's quite a thrill!

    ReplyDelete