Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Paris Blog 5:Ferris Wheel, Place de la Concorde

Walking from the Orangerie back to the Embassy, I walked right by the enormous Ferris Wheel at the end of the Tuileries, and decided, WTH, I can't get a better high view of Paris this trip.  So, for 12 Euros, I took two cycles up, and really enjoyed myself.  I was in a car with a young man from Marseilles, who had never been to Paris (!), so he was very excited.  I mentioned I was from Boston, and he said "Tom Brady!"  (I spent 7 days away from Boston, and did not hear a mention, or see a reference to the Donald or Hillary.  What Joy!)

Some very nice views, indeed.
Looking due East towards the Louvre



I.M.Pei's pyramid just behind the large tree in the middle.



Looking West towards the Arc de Triomphe, and La Defense.


The beautiful Pont Alexandre III

Grande Palais




This I am not sure of.  Help, anyone?

Musee d'Orsay, with St. Sulpice (Marcel Dupre's great recordings on Mercury were
recorded here), and Val de Grace/

The Pantheon

The Louvre, with Notre Dame behind.

Fountain, Place de la Concorde

At a great distance, Arc de Triomphe, and La Defense


No comments:

Post a Comment