Saturday, April 26, 2014

Final Post Brevard, NC

Here is some miscellany from the Brevard trip.  I've just finished my concert with the Atlantic Symphony Orchestra, and I can begin to relax for a few weeks.  What a concert. It included Bernstein's "Prelude, Fugue and Riffs" and "On the Town" Suite, (the "Prelude" is an eight minute masterpiece of jazz as thought of by Bernstein, and it is fantastic to see him conducting, on Youtube, a pick-up ensemble from New York in the 50's with Erbie Green, Bernie Glow, etc, the cream of the New York studio musicians of the time. Also on the ASO concert was the Blue Danube, and the third mov. of the Tchaik. 6tth.  What a great night for Bass Trombone.
So I am winding down at the computer doing this blog about midnight.
Late nightfall on the Blue Ridge Parkway

A view of Cascade Lake right below Don's home

The celebration at the "Twin Dragons" after the concert at Brevard College


Norm Trotter and his lovely wife



Hopefully, Don will write and identify every one for me.
This is Matt, Mary, Jay (in front) and Mary

The upper falls above Bird Rock Falls.  I had never seen this before, and Don took me there on my last morning.

Bird Rock Falls












Don's resident Black-throated Green

Don's house on Cascade Lake Road




The Yellow-throated Warbler


A mural in downtown Brevard, Don being cool







No comments:

Post a Comment