Thursday, April 17, 2014

Brevard, NC post 2

The second day, I drove up to the parkway again, before dawn, to see the sunrise. 
Looking off of Pounding Mill overlook, relatively warm, and very silent this morning.



This is looking back north towards Asheville, and the Pisgah Inn is reflecting the morning sunrise.  The Pisgah Inn is a real jewel of a place, reasonable rates (set by the Park Service, I would imagine), real Southern cooking, and the view is spectacular. 

A Dark-eyed Junco, the most numerous bird up at 6000' right now.
I saw a Ruffed Grouse on the side of the road, but the windows on Don's truck don't go down (!) and I missed him with the camera.  I also saw a Pileated Woodpecker three times, but just couldn't get a photo.

I believe, a Solitary Vireo, in Don's front yard at the DuPont house.

And, here is Don's resident Black-throated Green Warbler, a constant singing presence.
"Zee zee zee zu zee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment