Thursday, April 17, 2014

Brevard, NC post 4

My first photos of a Yellow-throated Warbler, and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet.
This is Don's resident Black-throated Green Warbler, the one that kept me company with my morning coffee, out at the Cascade Lake house, in DuPont Forest.  What a charmer.

"Zee zee zee zu zee"


Here is a Carolina Chickadee, slightly smaller bib than in Black-capped, and no pink wash under the wings.

This is Don's resident Phoebe, whose nest is built under the deck.

A Blue-grey Gnatcatcher


Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  I didn't see the "crown" until I saw him on screen.  A very hard bird to capture.


This is looking back north towards Devin's Courthouse, one of the best views on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  A 15 minute climb, and a place where you are almost guaranteed to hear the Winter Wren.

Early morning on Cascade Lake in DuPont Forest.

Turkeys

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Yellow-throated warbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment