Friday, June 10, 2011

Johnny and Betsy

Susan and I were so looking forward to Johnny Bradburn and his soon to be wife Betsy, arriving next week, for a week of bird-watching, but Betsy is having surgery and they have had to cancle.  Johnny and I used to have epic games of scrabble back in the 70's, and I was looking forward to that.  My most memorable victory was when he challenged my spelling of "Amok" on a triple letter. 
I am still hoping to play at St. Magnus Cathedral in the Orkneys, but I may have to fly myself in late September if Johnny and I can pull it off.  Now Susan and I are clear to plan the Newfoundland trip of our dreams.  First comes my trip to Brevard, to honor and commemorate the plaque of our mother, Laurie, to be installed on the wall of the Brevard-Davidson River Presbyterian Church over her memorial garden of her lilies.   It will be the first time since her funeral when all my siblings will be in Brevard together.

No comments:

Post a Comment