Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fall Colors, Falmouth Chorale

There was so much more color this Fall, than in the past few.  I wish I had more time to explore, but I did find a few graveyards, which always seem to house some spectacular maples.  Susan  took a few pictures of me in performance with the Falmouth Chorale (Lauridson "Lux Aeterna" and the Mozart "Coronation" Mass)  Only one trombone hired, as I doubled Bass and Tenor Trombone.
What a luscious piece the "Lux" is, very difficult for an amateur choir, and Falmouth came very close.  I would love to play the piece  in a massive cathedral with a perfectly balanced boys choir.
Here are some recent photos, including Boston Harbor on a crystal-clear morning ferry ride.


Approaching Rowes Wharf.

Boston architecture near South Station

Fall Color near the Heritage Plantation, Sandwich


The next five are from a cemetery in Hingham





Falmouth Chorale Performance at First Church, Sandwich.

Susan took these, and then we went to the Belfry Bistro for dinner, blowing most of what I made on the performance. 
Hey, what are these gigs for?

These next four are from a cemetery in Hanson





No comments:

Post a Comment