Saturday, November 16, 2013

A beautiful Friday AM, I met Cynthia Brown at 7:30 (not too many of my friends are willing to get up that early for birding) and we drove down to Duxbury Beach, and the Daniel Webster Farm, and had a glorious time.  Here are the photo results.

The early light on the marshes at Duxbury Beach

and the glorious fall colors


Cynthia Brown.  We played together for many years in the
"Touch of Brass"  Quintet.

The Daniel Webster House, Marshfield











I looked right at these Dunlins on the beach, and didn't see them at first, they looked just like stones.














They exploded in the air, and if I had kept watch, I would have had a great shot, as they
came back and flew right over my head, no more that 10 yards above me.







Brant

Canada Geese at Daniel Webster Farm.

Thanks to a local, we stopped on the way out of Daniel Webster and watched this
Screech Owl, who refused to open his eyes for me.  But the rarity of my ever photographing owls
made this such a pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment