Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What an amazing morning.  I had a call from Elaine Soulia who said she was calling me to tellme about an owl she saw on her morning walk, and told where to look.  I went out and searched the trees in the yard of the address she gave me, and failed to look in a small evergreen five feet from where I stood looking, and a passing walker said "Oh, my god!" and showed it to me.  When I saw it, I can't describe the feeling that this huge bird, close and at eye level produced.  After I got over my shock, and grabbed my camera and photographed it, I realized that it must be injured to be so close to the ground, and within touching distance of people walking by.  I called the SSAudubon, and they suggested the local animal control officer, and while I was out at the movies with Scott ("Iron Man III"), Susan watched as he came, netted the bird, and took him away for observation (evidently he made to resistance to being caught, which pretty much means he was injured).  But what a magnificent bird!!


No comments:

Post a Comment