Friday, May 3, 2013

The most hideous amount of rain and cloud have almost totally wiped out any semblance of bird photography except for this one wonderful Black-throated Green Warbler, showing himself while I was practicing my trombone out in Pisgah Ntl Forest. The shots of both Whitewater Falls, and Looking Glass falls were taken in the rain, but you can see the enormous amount of water the rains have produced.  I have perhaps four more mornings to capture a few more warblers, this along with the performance on Sunday of the brass festival Don and I have cooked up for Mars Hill College.

Looking Glass Falls, probably the most photographed falls in NC.

Allegheny Foamflower

Whitewater Falls, the tallest falls in the Eastern US., just S. of the NC-SC border.  This is the most water I have ever seen coming over these falls.


Black-throated Green Warbler  ("see, see, see, see, I'm so sweet")

No comments:

Post a Comment