Thursday, May 31, 2018

Recent outings

Between grandchildren and aches and pains, I've really gotten behind, but here is a catch-up blog with too many pictures, but here  goes.

A delightful event, catching a Yellow Warbler every Spring. 
They are everywhere: "Sweet, sweet, I'm so sweet!"

And magnificent Baltimore Orioles 


On our way up to St. John's Prep to hear Oliver's concert, we stopped at Mass Audubon Ipswich River
Wildlife Sanctuary in Topsfield.  We took a small hike, and we passed a young lady who gave Susan
a handful of seed, and said, "Just hold out your hand." And what a great 
moment to have at least five birds come and sit in her hand!-
Including her absolute favorite, the White-breasted Nuthatch. 


And Black-capped Chickadees. 








At St. John's, Oliver played triangle in the concert band. 
The school has some incredibly talented and inspiring music teachers!!


That's Susan in the green, and Ken and Erin are right in front of her. 

I hope I live long enough to see what kind of an adult Oliver becomes.  
He seems to have unlimited potential, and I see a lot of me in him.
I know that is a mixed blessing, but hey.
I could not be more delighted in my four grandchildren. 


Can't tell if it is going to be a bad caterpillar year, but if this fellow is any indication....

This guy is about the size of a dime, and almost translucent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment