Friday, February 2, 2018

AZ blog 1:Travel, Mt Lemmon

Here is the first of probably a few more blogs than you want to see, but it was such a fabulous trip, with incredible weather, and great light for photography.
Here we go.
Flying over Lake Michigan, approaching Chicago. 

A great sight.  I hope to visit one day and see all the 
Franck Lloyd Wright stuff. 

Over Kansas?

Approaching Tucson, flying over the 
"Boneyard", a huge collection of aircraft in storage.  Because of the climate, 
most of these planes could be put back in service, even after 40 or 50 years
in the desert. 

Arriving at our casita, our home for the next two weeks, I am too excited to relax, 
even though we got up at 3:00 AM 15 hours earlier.  I drive out towards the 
distant mountains, and photograph my first bird, a beautiful American Kestrel.


I find myself on the Mt. Lemmon Road, one of my destinations. 


Looking back down to Tucson.

An  incredible driving experience, climbing up to 9000'. 


This is known at Thimble Mountain, visible from Tucson. 


A wonderful drive through "Hoodoos"


At the parking lot for the ski area, a beautiful Steller's Jay

Some Arizona architecture.


Living among the Saguaros.

No comments:

Post a Comment