Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Catching up with family

Great seasonal times with the family.  Here is some catching up.
Near Scituate Harbor,  Beautiful Light

Last Friday I drove to Newburyport and drove out to Plum Island.
Frigidly cold, but more gorgeous late light on the dunes.

Susset

This is from the tower at the Swamp Trail the next morning.

And a Northern Pintail at the very  top of his winter range.

American Black Ducks

That evening I visited St. John's Prep and saw Jackson
in the jazz band performance.  And yes, he soloed. 
What a great learning opportunity, playing in a small combo. 


And then on Tuesday, I went to Carter's pre-school and demonstrated my trombone
for the kids, who are my most attentive audience ever.
One five-year old astonishingly knew the theme from Jaws with the first "Barrr-rump"!


(I had disinfectant wipes for the mouthpiece!)
This week I return to Hingham High School, to play with the Concerts bands and
jazz ensemble, then do master classes on practicing, musicianship, etc.

And this Thursday is the Art Club exhibition at the club house with
music, wine and cheese, etc.
Here are the three pictures I've chosen to exhibit.
Above:  Emerald Lake, Yoho Park, British Columbia, 6:30 AM

One of the trails at Blue Hills Park, Milton, MA

And finally, the Northern Gannet nesting rocks at
St. Mary's Ecological Preserve, Newfoundland.
I just recently discovered this shot, lost in my files.

Alex and Carter making xmas cookies with Meema.

Finally arriving at Scott and Cheryl's house in Bridgewater: Deja
That's Oliver trying to make friends. 

She is about 17 years old.

Christmas celebration with Ken, Erin, Jackson and Oliver
at Scott and Cheryl's house

Video games in the basement
Jackson, Alex, Oliver

Oliver, Susan, Alex, Scott

Ken, Erin, Alex

Finally, after a year of waiting, Princess takes to my lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment