Friday, November 11, 2016

Triple Falls, High Falls, Carter

Here are some shots from a hike in Dupont Forest to Triple and High Falls, and today's walk with Carter

Breakfast in down town Brevard, with Angie and Henry

Neal, Angie, Henry, Bruce, Doug

On the trail to Triple Falls


Triple Falls in Dupont State Forest
About a third of the water coming down the last time I was here.



High Falls, one of the great Western NC Falls


This gives you an  idea of the size of this spectacular falls.
Neal, Henry, and Angie at the very bottom of the picture.

Angie, Henry, Neal

Barbara spotted this flowering Witch Hazel on the trail.
Barbara is becoming the Don Macleod in our family, and by that I mean that she is a huge expert on
everything green.  Her garden is a masterpiece.  

This was such a shock to see this!  The last time I saw one of those, I was at Brevard College (1961), and they asked for
volunteers to go into Pisgah Forest to help battle a forest fire.  I carried one of these on my back for four hours,
and it was the most exhausting thing I think I have ever done.  It weighed 100 lbs. (that's the truth), and we walked up
and down in the hills squirting out remaining small fires.

Back in Middleboro, at Pratt Farm with Carter, our
4-year-old grandchild by way of Cheryl and Scott.



All ways, a lovely place for walking.

And, Carter got to see his first snake in the wild!  This little fellow was about two feet long.



Back at home, Carter helps Meemaw fix his mac-and-cheese for lunch.
A terrific helper.  Lets hope that continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment