Sunday, August 24, 2014

Birds in the town of Machu Picchu

My first post of birds caught in Peru.  These were all taken in the town of Machu Picchu, at a botanical garden, the first day of trying for birds.  Thanks to Gustavo, who later helped me identify the birds while at Manu Wildlife Center, I hope I've captioned them correctly (I am sure someone will be quick to correct me).
Listed rare to uncommon, the Highland Mot-mot


Green Violetear

Masked Flowerpiercer

Silver-backed Tanager

Possibly a White-crested Elaenia

Blue-grey Tanager

?

Saffron-crowned Tanager


Chestnut-breasted Coronet

Blue-necked Tanager

Thick-billed Euphonia (f)

Thick-billed Euphonia

Dusky-green Orapendola

Blue Dacnis (f)

Saffron Finch (f)

House Wren

Green Violetear

Great Thrush

Blue and White Swallow

No comments:

Post a Comment