Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Plum Island

When I left Middleboro this morning at 5 AM it was breaking beautiful, but by the time I arrive in Newburyport, clouds and fog had rolled in and it felt like the temp had dropped 30 degrees.
I took 150 shots, and kept 7, it was that kind of day.  I did take two nice walks, including Hellcat, and saw Yellow Warblers every 100 yards, interspersed with Redstarts and Yellowthroats.
I did see a Merlin and a Wilsons Snipe, but the photos were not good.
Here is what I have.
A Brown Thrasher, who stayed on the road in front of me for half a mile.

This may give an idea of the weather.

Osprey, a long way off

When touched, great puffs of yellow pollen


Northern Kingbird, as neat a bird in dress as can be found, and fearless.


Great Egret at the mud flats.

This shot made the trip worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment