Thursday, March 27, 2014

Evening Light, Pratt Farm

Is there anything more beautiful than the evening light in the forest?  Pratt Farm is a jewel of a place in Middleboro,  fantastic trails, lovely lakes, and if you go late in the day, you have it all to yourself.  I've taken so many photos like this, but when the light hits in a certain way, I shoot again.   And again. The walk becomes a motion through peace, through silence, through the light. And the darker it gets, the more radiant the light that is left.  I go looking for birds, and particularly owls, but wind up seeing so much more. But I still would love to discover an owl one of those evenings.
An  old rock wall, at the entrance

And, unexpectedly, a Hooded Merganser and mate



The trail around Stoney Brook Pond

The trail, covered by pine needles

And the quick glimpse, as you walk


 


a truly magical path


The Hood almost totally raised

and back down again

"Could I see that again?"


A little ice and snow left


Almost the complete circuit, the path crossing the dam

From the dam, full sun behind me




The wetlands facing the parking lot. 

Back to the wall, 90 minutes later

No comments:

Post a Comment