Sunday, April 25, 2021

Three days of grandchildren

 On Friday, Susan and I hosted Alex and Carter, taking them to Pratt Farm for a hike. And then I drove up to Newburyport to spend Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning with Oliver.  I arrived at 7:00 AM on Saturday at Parker River, and found some wonderful birds. Later Oliver and I went back out and walked on the newly-opened Hellcat Swamp trail.  Sunday afternoon we visited the Peabody-Essey Museum.  I am so delighted he likes going to museum with his art-obsessed Granddad.  (Next Blog)

The photos. 

I don't know why but the photos have loaded in reverse order.  Why?
At any rate, the first four phots were taken by Oliver, mostly from the tower
at Hellcat Swamp.  As you can see, it was a spectacularly beautiful day. 

One of the man-made pools

Sneaking a shot of grandad. 

Oliver's Great Egret, elegantly framed.  

Another, taken with my 100-400. 

The first Killdeer of the year. 

Song Sparrow

Greater Yellowlegs. 

This is a blow-up of the next photo.  This Snowy Owl was 30 yards off the road, in a 
tree posing for everybody.  He seemed totally unconcerned with the dozen cars lined
up on both sides, and the 20 long lenses aimed at him. When I drove away, he was
still there, rotating his head periodically to peer back at all the activity behind him. 

This photo has only been slightly trimmed on both sides.  This is the image I saw in the viewfinder!



An elegant American Tree Sparrow

At Pratt Farm, hiking with Carter and Alex. 

I've never seen children more happy to be photographed. 



Alex took this photo. 



Carter collecting rocks to throw into the lake.  
Sorry these were in reverse order, but hey, grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment