Saturday, January 11, 2020

A few Early morning bird walks

I joined the Friday Morning Bird Walk with the South Shore Audubon, the first time I've been out with them in quite a while, and the first bird of the day was a real rarity, a Western Tanager, whose normal range is west of the Rockies.  I didn't get a superlative picture (too far away), but here it is, along with another bird I have never managed to photograph well until this morning, our resident Belted Kingfisher. The Kingfisher, Harbor Seal, and Cormorant were taken with a 1.4 converter, and the results are pretty good.
I am going to keep that on the camera and do more experimenting.
For a good percentage of the bird group (about 30), the  Tanager was a life list bird.  I had seen one in the woods around Lake Louise, Banff, and I had a picture, but I can't locate it. I'll just have to get to Banff again(would I love that!).


Western Tanager

Belted Kingfisher 

Harbor seal at Manomet, probably 500 yards away.

Common Loon, in Cape Cod Canal

Great Cormorant, again at a great distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment