Monday, June 26, 2017

Matisse at the MFA

On the same day as visiting Botticelli,  we saw the Matisse, which was, again, the usual very high quality exhibit, including many objects used by Matisse for inspiration.  A revelation for me, as I had not given much time to admiring Matisse.  I still admit a preference for Botticelli, but.....

A smattering of the art and objects in the exhibition .  Don't miss it!

Still Life with Chocolate Pot



Goldfish and Sculpture



The Bronze Figure


Bwoom Mask
Kuba Kingdom, Democratic Republic of Congo

Marguerite with Black Velvet Ribbon



Lorette with a Cup of Coffee


The Moorish Screen


Odalisque with Green Sash


Interior with an Etruscan Vase


Tent curtain (Khayamiya) from Eqypt



Interior with Egyptian Curtain


Bottle with Islamic crescent
Bohemian or Turkish


Red Interior: Still Life on a Blue Table





Mimosa
These ladies were kind enough to let me take them with their Matisse colors


The museum shop


I think Susan's toes and sandals would have captivated Matisse.
I wonder how his rendering of them would have turned out?

No comments:

Post a Comment