Monday, April 24, 2017

CR 8 Batsu Garden

On a hillside above Savegre lodge a garden has been set up for birders, and particularly for bird photographers.  I had Batsu Garden all to myself on the second morning at Savegre, and I was especially happy to see the Acorn Woodpecker,  bigger than life, and a life list bird.  The locals call him the "Clown" hummingbird.
Here are some shots from that experience, plus a few more from Marino's tour. 

Marino knew where a Quetzal's nest was, and we waited for 40 minutes quietly until he flew in.


Black-faced Solitaire

Spangle-cheeked Tanager
Marino was very excited that I got a picture.
This is a bird endemic to CR and Panama

And here he is!
Acorn Woodpecker. 
He showed up almost immediately.  I couldn't believe it.





Magnificent Hummingbird

M.H.

M.H.

Flame-colored Tanager

Flame-colored Tanager (f)

Volcano Hummingbird (f)
Endemic to CR and Panama

V.H.

V.H.

V.H.

Green Violetear

G.V.

Silver-throated Tanager

S.T.

Another bird Marino was really happy for me to see.
Lesser Goldfinch (Uncommon)

L.G.

Purple-throated Mountain-gem (f)
Endemic

Mountain Elaenia




No comments:

Post a Comment