Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Yellowstone/Tetons Blog 5 Schwabacher Sunrise, Tramway

I had been told that Schwabacher's Landing was one of the great places to get a sunrise on the Tetons, so I dutifully got up at 6:00 AM, drove down the dirt Wilson-Moose road, and arrived to find about 50 other photographers waiting.  But what a spectacle.  It would be possible to say that I have never, ever, seen anything more beautiful. 
And then later that day, Susan and I took the Granite Canyon trail, one of the more rewarding hikes I've taken.  No great views, but the woods all turning to gold.

I apologize for the repetition, but the sequence of four pictures
took about 15 minutes.  It was about 35 degrees cold.




This was taken with my iPhone on pano.

The start of the Granite Canyon Hike




This is one of the wonderful birds, an American Dipper.  He loves to swim under water
in mountain streams, and he is very acrobatic. 


The Tramway up to 10,450 feet/ 


I found myself a bit dizzy with lack of oxygen, and the little restaurant on top (which sold mostly pancakes)
had a special, hot chocolate wth Jameson's  which was like gluwein, it turned shivering into sweating.

And as I sat there drinking the hot chocolate (with Jameson's), a woman came up to me and said,
"Doug?  Doug Wauchope".  This is Mrs. Douglas, whose son played bass clarinet for me in the
Satuit Band.  WASW!




















No comments:

Post a Comment