Friday, February 7, 2014

Plymouth Center for the Arts winter show

Plymouth has this dedicated group of volunteers who do this amazing job of bringing a very high level of art to Plymouth center, for all of us to enjoy. This "winter show" has a very eclectic mix of photography, watercolors, etc. and of course, all levels of creativity.  I must admit to not admiring some of it, and finding real satisfaction is others. I photographed a few of my favorites, including the poem connections that were paired with some of the art.   I guess the best way I can state is, "I wish I had done that!"
Robin Carroll
"Here Comes the Sun"

Michelle McSweeney
"Love of Color"


Kathy Joyce
"Tiffany Jewels" (one of four)

Norma Brown
"Maine Winter"


Sarah Bates Washburn
My apologies, Sarah, I lost your title.
(The entire work is sun glasses, first dipped in white latex paint, and then
painted with wild abandon.)


Ann Musto
"River Shadows"

Ann Lainhart
"Kaleidoscope"
(This is folded cloth)

Michelle McSweeney
"Nautical"
It is rare for me to really enjoy two paintings in the same show by the same artist

Rita Quinn
"The Hiker"
What a great humorist Ms Quinn is!

A quick trip down the coast, and a stop at Damon"s Point, in
N. Marshfield, MA. for a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment