Wednesday, July 3, 2019

More attempts with new lens.

I am slowly getting the hang of my new 100-400 Canon Lens.  It is extremely versatile, and having image stabilization for the first time, I am struck by how many images I can keep.  I still haven't figured out the best birds-in-flight settings, but getting closer.  All of these images were taken at f8, with ISO 800 and letting the camera chose the shutter speed.
There are three IS settings, but I've stuck with No. 3.

Herring Gull, 100 yards.



Great Blue, 200 yards

about 5 feet (Slaty Skimmer?)

Barn Swallow, about 10 feet, with flash

Male and Female Great-crested Flycatchers, about 100 yards
I think the dialogue goes something like this:
He:"Wow, baby, where did you dome from?!"
She: "Hit the road, buster!"

He: "Hey, don't you like what you see?"
She: "I've seen it all before! Scram!"

He:  "Well! I can tell when I'm not wanted!"
She: "You got that right"

He: "Well, you don't know what you're missin'.  See you around, tweets!"
She:  "Not peckin' likely!"

about 5 feet. 

Common Grackle, about 10 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment