Saturday, January 19, 2019

Oliver and "Shrek Jr."

St. John's Prep produced "Shrek Jr." with Ken and Erin's youngest son, Oliver, in the role of Gingy, the gingerbread man.  I whispered to him after the show that I had never seen Ken in a more excited or happy state.  He really was beside himself.  Oliver had several lines of dialogue, including the last line of the show, "God bless us, everyone!" which brought down the house, as they say.
I happen to  have my birding lens and camera in the car, and at the last minute, went out and got both, and I am so happy I did.
Here's the results.
Shrek (Dan  Pawlyk)

Oliver, opening number, walk-on part

Pinocchio (Drew Piver)

Oliver as Gingy, the Ginger Bread Man
captured by Lord Farquaad

Three nights imprisoned by the dragon

The Dragon (Sam Tucker)

Another walk-on

Gingy and Puss in Boots (Davian Romero)

Watching the love scene

Princess Fiona (Ava Beringer)
The outstanding actress and singer in the show

Shrek, Donkey (Raoul Foster, excellent!), Princess Fiona, bows


"God bless us, everyone!"

It would not be possible to be more proud of him than I was.  
I really hope I live long enough to see him as an adult.
I have to add here that this far-above-average production, with
especially wonderful dance numbers, was a huge credit to the
director of the show, Ms. Brit Christopher
who told me before the show that Oliver
"Makes her day !"


No comments:

Post a Comment