Friday, July 13, 2018

Worchester Art Museum

Great stop on the way back from Amherst.  Unfortunately, I was sick, queasy, and I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked.
But I did get a few pictures.

Wonderful mosaic in courtyard.

The wonderful Higgins collection of armor and weapons was taken over by the Worchester A.M.

Piero di Cosimo
Italian, 1462-1522
The Discovery of Honey
about 1500-1505
Nobody I know throws any orgies anymore.  Sad. 



Jan Brueghel the Younger
Flemish, 1601-1678
The Marriage Procession
1623


Canaletto
Italian, 1697-1768
Capriccio: A Circular, Domed Church
I am drawn to Canaletto and everything he ever did.  To love architecture is to love Canaletto


Philippe Jacques Van Bree
French or Belgian, 1786-1871
The Studio of the Flower Painter Van Dael at the Sorbonne, 1816



James Dye
American, born 1982
The City of Trumpets
2015
India Ink
The exhibit of James Dye's work is virtuosity itself. 
And his creativity and inventiveness is both remarkable and frightening.


James Dye
Architect of the High City
2016



Bowl, Persian, 13th. century


Huqqa Base
India, Punjab; Mughal period, 18th. Cent. 





No comments:

Post a Comment