Sunday, March 22, 2015

Feeder portraints

I wanted to get some good close-ups of the birds that are my regular guests at my feeder, so I hung sheets across the room overlooking the windows, and voila, some good portraits of "the usual suspects".   ( I did have a hawk, probably a Broad-wing, land on the rail, 4 feet from the feeder. yesterday afternoon;  A great, if brief, sight.)
Here is the back room, overlooking the feeders.

And here it is, thanks to a few of Susan's sheets, loaned reluctantly.  I just hope the portraits
will mollify her.

All of these (except for the Blue Jay) photos were taken between 7:30-8:00 AM this morning, and between
4:00-4:30 this afternoon (3/22/2015)
Black-capped Chicadee

Red-bellied Woodpecker.
Magnificent!

Downy Woodpecker

American Tree Sparrow

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Tufted Titmouse

R-b W

Tufted Titmouse

Black-capped Chickadee
It's impressive the way every feather is extended one inch from his perch.

Northern Cardinal (female)



The male, extravagantly

Red-winged Blackbird
(Right on time, due to arrive in March)

Black-capped Chickadee

Blue Jay
This was taken in the back yard, but a while back.
Now, if I can just get a good shot of the White-breasted Nuthatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment