Sunday, July 6, 2014

The day after Arthur:Duxbury Beach, Daniel Webster Farm

After the heavy rains of July 4th (Hurricane Arthur) I drove early in the morning to Duxbury Beach, but there was little damage.  The road was potholed like never before, but I had the beach to myself as I drove out at about7:30.  However, driving back to the bridge at 9:30, the road was simply clogged with dozens and dozens of vehicles coming out for the perfect day at the beach.
The great beauty of Daniel Webster Farm was the emerging wild flowers.  As beautiful a morning as it could be.


They really should rename Duxbury Beach "Willet" beach in honor of these wonderful birds which are in residence.
They are fairly nondescript until they fly, and then those wonderful wing stripes flash.

Almost into the water!

Perhaps my one and only photograph this summer of a Piping Plover

Least Tern

Female Red-winged Blackbird at Daniel Webster

The Barn Swallows build their nests inside the blinds at Daniel Webster.
This one flew in before he realized I was there.

This 2 1/2 inch frog was on the path leading from the blind.

The arriving flowers turn Daniel Webster into a garden

This is a "Bronze Copper" butterfly

"Cabbage White"

My first lilies in my garden

This old sub spotting station in Green Harbor may be inhabiteed

And I love this old church (Green Harbor)

No comments:

Post a Comment