Thursday, October 3, 2013

Something about a fall day, beautiful, crisp, almost warm, a gift.
I drove to the Wellfleet Audubon Sanctuary and altho there was nothing new, it is still wonderful to see the marshes and ponds, the colors starting to change, and always the chance to do photography.
As soon as I arrived, a Kingfisher angrily chased another away from Goose Pond, and as I arrived, a gentlemen who passed me on the trail shortly before the blind, came back to tell me that there was a large flock of Greater Yellow Legs in the pond, and that he thought I should go into the blind and photograph them before he wandered ahead and scared them off. The kindness of strangers.  At any rate, nothing seemed to scare them off, they peeped and squawked and demanded to be photographed.
As I came back the Kingfisher showed off as well, and a female Hairy Woodpecker created a very resonant series of booms.
All in all, a wonderfull morning.
Flying over  me two minutes after I arrived (Kingfisher)


Even Poison Ivy gets a few moments of glory

The flock on Goose Pond (greater Yellow Legs)




Somehow I can't help myself, I love the color

and (groan) another

and yet (alas) another (if I were still using slide film, I wonder, would I still take
all of these images, so many of whom I have taken before?
Probably

On the way back, the Kingfisher insists being photographed

and, surprise, all by himself (giggle) the Solitary Sandpiper

about 30 yeards away from the flock of Yellow Legs



It must have been a very resonant tree, because the Hairy created
great percussive hammered sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment