Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Red-tailed Hawk on the way to Sagamore

On the Canal, Common Loon

And here he is, as beautiful as on Friday.



Imagine finding him is all of this!

First shot from a distance

From about 50 yards away. 
This morning I drove back down to the Cape Cod Canal to see if I could find the King Eider again, and aftern about 20 minutes of examining about 2000 common Eiders, found him, and he swam over closer to where I was, giving me the poses you see.  I also had heard of a Yellow-crowned Night Heron in the area, and found him on the little canal that runs under the road immediately after the circle going into Sagamore Park.  I took him from quite a distance, but drove back down to the circl, got our of the car, and walked to the eastern side of the canal, and there he was, evidently asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment