Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What a wonderful time I have had with celebrating my birthday (for about three months!). The family is probably sick of it, but the final celebrating, Sunday Nov. 11th. was a party at the club house at Oak Point, where we had food (catered by Pat Riddle, just fabulous), and drink (Mucky's Liquors), and I got to show all of my Alaska, Niagara Falls, and Philadelphia pictures.  The one thing I have discovered is that Susan seems to be almost as proud of my photography as I am.  And one of the great things was having her sister Gigi, and brother Marshall and his wife Marilyn from Newport News, to assist Susan in all the prep.  And, Elaine Soulia, thank you very much.
And one wonderful event was visiting the Boston Masonic Grand Lodge as a guest of John Hyland, who knew that Marshall was a Mason.  What a magnificent building, and collection of halls.  There are evidently five (!) pipe organs in residence, none functioning, sadly.
The Boston Grand Lodge

Marshall Young, Mason

One of the five non-functioning pipe organs

Spectacular Gothic Revival Hall, hand painted, not wall paper


Marshall in the tiny hall of reflection, all marble



The most magnificent of all the halls

At Ken's celebrating Scott's birthday

Marshall, Marilyn, Susan, Gigi, Pratt Farm hike



Marilyn eating her promised lobster, Isaac's in Plymouth

No comments:

Post a Comment