Friday, October 14, 2022

Sept 26 c The Casa di Pilatos, iglesas

 Probably the most sumptuous private home in Seville, La Casa di Pilatos is a mixture of Mudejar, Gothic and Renaissance styles, with classical statuary, and azulejo (Spanish painted tiles).  It is a jewel of a place, and I can fully recommend it to anyone visiting Seville. 

The rest of the blog is misc. churches, mostly visited by chance.  



































I wish I could tell you which church this is, it is so full of Moorish style, and fantastic tile work. 




I have this exact pattern on a rug I own from Pakistan. 





And again, a domed ceiling left in place after the conversion to Christianity. 

And fantastic tile work. 




A huge, dark, and a bit forbidding church, the 
Iglesia de la Annunciation, needing some upkeep. 








And so I conclude my visit to Seville, a great adventure.
And so much more to look forward to!






No comments:

Post a Comment