Tuesday, October 18, 2022

In Rome: wandering around

 The only real hassle during my trip was missing my flight to Rome.  Iberia delayed getting off the ground in Seville, and so I missed my connection in Madrid.  Fortunately there was another Iberian flight 3 hours later, no charge, and I arrived in Rome, connected with my driver to the Hotel Dei Mellini, (quite beautiful), and joined Don to celebrate our 80th. birthday together.  

Here are some random Rome walking photos. 


Ah, mein bruder, not looking a day over 79

St. Peter's from our hotel window, top floor. 



Lovely rooftop patio.


Discovered our last day!  Oh, the possibilities. 

First night roam after dinner.  The Piazza Cavour, 
and the Rome Supreme Court, a gigantic building. 

Camillo Benso, Count of Cavour
statesman highly influential in the Italian unification. 

The Tiber at night from the Ponte Regina Margherita


The next morning, headed to the  Piazza  del Popolo




And the Tiber our last night in Rome.




My final photo in Rome, taken from the cab to the airport. 


No comments:

Post a Comment