Sunday, August 13, 2017

Don and the Canadian Rockies, Blog 4 Icefield Parkway

Photos from Bow Lake, Lake Peyto, Mistaya Canyon, etc.  A camera can only try.
Enjoy

Opportunity for photographers are every moment

The road to Moraigne Lake.  We never got to see the  famous view, backed by the
ten  peaks (that's them up ahead).  The crowd was impossible to believe.


An Osprey surveys Bow Lake

One of the great Ice Field Parkway sights, Bow Lake.

Bow Lake

Crowfoot Glacier, much dininished

Don at Mistaya Canyon

Mistaya Canyon

Mistaya Canyon

Mistaya Canyon


A very special vista, Peyto Lake
In case you don't know, the water is really that color, a milky blue, created by glacial silt
suspended in the water.  People think "Photshop" but, naaah.

Just another view down the road


I'm not sure what these are, but they must be a kind of Western Dandilion.
The Ice Field Parkway has to be the most spectacular drive in North America.  I am sure there are others that compare, and
I hope I see them in this lifetime, but if not, I will have no complaints. 
I've been there three times now, and I would not hesitate to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment