Monday, January 2, 2017

First Birding

On New Years Day, I traditionally drive out to Race Point in Provincetown to see what I can photograph.  For 2017, I waited for Jan. 2, having become a national holiday for a Monday, and unfortunately the day turned really dark fast, precluding much bird photography. .
I stopped at Fort Hill for the sun rise (worth the trip by itself), continued to Race Point, moved to P town harbor, then Wellfleet Audubon Sanctuary.
At any rate, here are the results.

At Fort Hill overlook



At Race Point

The balmiest weather I can remember for this date.

In the harbor at Provincetown.
Young Red-breasted Merganser

Common Eider

Common Loon

Female Common Eider
A rare case of the female being more colorful than the male


The Pilgrim Monument

The Town Hall

At the Audubon Sanctuary in Wellfleet.
A collection of whale bones

The great salt marsh.

Very cheeky song sparrow.
Insisted on being photographed

No comments:

Post a Comment