Thursday, September 8, 2022

My birthday trip into Boston

 On my birthday morning, I arrived at the breakfast table, and discovered a Trader Joe's bag, filled with chocolate-covered coffee beans, peanut butter-filled pretzels, chocolate peanut butter cups, and trail mix, all food I crave and am not allowed.  Susan also included a card, which said, "These are all rewards for when you reach 200 lbs.!  They will be hidden away."  I told her to keep the bag in plain sight as a reminder of my goal.  Today I am at 207, getting (drool, drool) closer. 

Then in the afternoon we took the Hingham Ferry into Boston, docking at Long Wharf, and walking up into the North End, to one of my favorite restaurants, "L'Osteria" where we had an exceptional dinner, over to the "Cafe Paradiso" for lattes and gelato, and then back to Hingham on a glorious evening cruise.  How much better could it be?


Someday, someday





At L'Osteria


The Custom House, where we celebrated Susan's 60th in 2003. 

Always a very romantic trip.

 Taken on our 55th. wedding anniversary trip in Fredericton, NB


No comments:

Post a Comment