Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Jackson and most of his relatives at graduation.

 I say most of his relatives, because, sadly, Trish and Russ could not make it.  Fortunately St. John streamed the graduation, and they watched from Winnipeg.  These photos were taken before the ceremony, after I finally figured out the time release on my camera. 

I am including just the best shots.  Believe me, this is a wise decision.  

But what a wonderful day.  Extremely well handled by St. John's, with good social distancing, etc.  The highlight  of the day (besides Jackson receiving his diploma) was the speech by the Valedictorian, Michael Maddison, who courageously spoke of coming out, of his acceptance by his family, his confrontations, and his times, both good and bad, at St. John's.  The Graduates roared their approval, the majority of the crowd sprang to their feet and applauded, and it left an enormous impression on everyone. 

Here are a few photos. 















No comments:

Post a Comment