Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Early on the Blue Ridge Parkway

 When I arrived at Don's, I got up the first morning and drove solo up onto the Blue Ridge Parkway, before dawn, to see the sunrise at Pounding Mill Overlook, and to be with Mom and Dad for a moment.  It was the usual religious experience, renewing my wonder at the beauty of the mountains, and my great blessing at having grown up near them, and hiking and birding them. 

Thank you, Don MacLeod.


Just about to break. 

And an explosion of sunrise.


The first light on Looking Glass Rock

And further west on the Parkway. 

A panorama with my phone 

At the parking lot for the Pisgah Inn, a welcoming Dark-eyed Junco

Eggs and grits at Pisgah Inn

Just before descending back to Brevard, a view of 
Looking Glass Rock, and Pounding Mill Overlook on the right. 

And, of course, Looking Glass Falls, probably the most photographed falls in the East, 
perhaps after Niagara Falls.



No comments:

Post a Comment